We accept all major credit, debit cards, Paypal, and Apple Pay
As a very small business we are unable to accommodate returns for refund. We do however, offer store credit on most items (see below). If you are unsure of an item, or need any additional information, please feel free to email us before purchase, and we will help as best we can. Although our studio is not currently open to the public, we have retailers across the U.S. and will do our best to refer you to a local stockist where you can view our products.
If you would like to return your item for any reason, please email email@example.com within 7 days of receipt to be eligible for exchange or store credit. In order to qualify for a return or exchange, all items must be unused and in original packaging. Please specify in email whether you wish to exchange your goods or receive store credit. Once the return or exchange has been authorized, items must be shipped back to us at the below address within 7 days of approval. We recommend shipping with tracking as we cannot be responsible for any items which do not arrive to us. As soon as our warehouse receives and approves the return, we will issue a unique store credit code via email which can be used on our webshop.
ITEMS INELIGIBLE FOR EXCHANGE: Custom or made-to-order items (including custom rugs, wallpaper, and upholstery) and sample sale items are ineligible for exchange. In addition, products bought during a sale or promotion on the site may be considered final sale - please consult the product listing.
DAMAGED MERCHANDISE: We will happily replace any defective merchandise. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of receipt of item to qualify for replacement. Before contacting us, please note the following:
- in order to qualify for an exchange, please include date and place of purchase (ie, on our website, in a store, etc) and image of damaged / defective item
- if your item arrived damaged, please contact us with an image of the issue upon its arrival. Items which arrive damaged are eligible for replacement only if the item has not been put to use after discovery of damage. Additionally, please do not attempt to alter or correct the product before contacting us, as this may render it ineligible for exchange.
- if damage occurred after 30 days, we cannot guarantee replacement but will in all cases do our best to help
- please take care when mailing any items back to us and in all cases provide tracking information. We cannot be responsible for any packages which are lost en route or damage which occurs during transit due to improper or insufficient packaging.
SHIPPING TIMES: Please note shipping times below. You will receive a separate email with a tracking link. Please allow 24-48 hours for the link to become active.
- In-stock orders ship within 1-3 business days unless otherwise noted in the product description.
- Custom rugs ship in 9-12 weeks
- Wallpaper ships in 4-6 weeks
- Samples (including wallpaper samples and sample sale) orders will ship anywhere from 1-10 business days.
SHIPPING POLICY: We are unable to replace packages which are lost or stolen after delivery.
As a courtesy we are happy to help you correspond with the agent to navigate any difficulties as best we can, except in cases where the order is either photographed or scanned as delivered at the address provided. In these instances, there is sadly nothing that we or the shipper can do to help.
So please follow the tracking links in your Shipping Confirmation email to ensure you are available to receive your package, and reach out directly to the shipper to coordinate any changes to avoid this heartache!
- Domestic orders under $200 are shipped without signature confirmation and some deliverers may leave the package if there is no one home to accept it. It is up to the discretion of the deliverer whether to leave a package when no one is available to collect, and regrettably we are unable to intervene in this decision. Please reach out directly to the shipper if this is a concern.
- Domestic orders over $200 and international orders may require signature. The shipping agent should always leave a door tag in the event that delivery is unavailable, though many shipping carriers are currently leaving packages and signing COVID, so again we strongly urge you to follow the tracking and coordinate directly with the shipper to ensure a safe delivery.
On occasion our shipping system may flag certain addresses as invalid or incomplete. When this occurs we will contact you prior to shipping to confirm the address. Please note that any packages returned to us due to incorrect address will be subject to a reshipping fee.
We are not able to accommodate local pickup (with the exception ofour NYC pickup section).
* Please note the above are estimates only, and the best way to calculate shipping costs is to add to your cart and enter in destination address. Shipping prices do not include customs and fees.
** Weights are based on dimensional and volumetric weight plus packaging. Some products require different shipping considerations—4x6 flat weave rugs, 4x6 hemp rugs, 6x9 flat weave rugs, 6x9 hemp rugs, 5x5 hand tufted rugs, and queen-sized quilts may have shipping rates that differ from the table above.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: We now offer international shipping on our online store. All our shipping costs are determined by shipping zone, as well as volumetric and actual weight.
Customs and Import Fees: We now include import taxes and duties alongside our shipping costs. During checkout, the Shipping cost will show a combined total of both the cost to ship your item to you and any associated import charges (which may include import taxes from the country of destination, carrier fees from Fedex or UPS, and VAT fees).
These fees were formerly collected by the shipping carrier upon or after delivery and because of their fluctuations there was no way for us to provide estimates. As a result, many customers were surprised when expected to pay for them later. We collect and pay them on your behalf to ensure that your package clears customs more quickly and with less potential issues, and to make the full cost of purchasing your item clear prior to checkout.
Cold Picnic is committed to making our website's content accessible and user friendly to everyone. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on this website, or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please email email@example.com. Be sure to include “Accessibility” in the subject line and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement.
We take your feedback seriously and will consider it as we evaluate ways to accommodate all of our customers and our overall accessibility policies. In addition, we strongly encourage vendors of third-party digital content to provide content that is accessible and user friendly.